Its summer, and what a time it has been so far... I can understand why people want to try to find out "What`s going to happen in the future??", but personally I`m very glad that I dont know!!
I guess if I would have known I would probably go into depression... ;) Leaning on God when life turns out to be a bit more "crapp" than I thought it could or would be, I guess is what I learn.
People want to "manage themselves" and be independent. Self-sufficient! I think we want to know what will come, so that we can prepare ourselves and be ready. But what life is it if our choices is limited because we already know what will happen????
I continue to find comfort, and also be somewhat amazed, in that God says He is "I AM"!!
Not "I WAS" nor "I WILL BE".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes we are to rest in knowing that
And I don't think we are to "find out our future", we know that already. That is no matter what loving our God with all our heart, mind and soul and our neighbour as ourselves. That one can do anywhere.
But I read from the Bible, that I'm advised to make sure my calling. "Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall"(2 Peter 1:10)
So that gives me another perspective on life. If I know what God has called me to do, I do it out of knowing Him. It's not self sufficient at all. It is giving up ones life. It's surrendering to God's will. Seeking His ways, getting to know him more and being ready to be tested, tried and discipled.
It's having a goal in mind - and going for it, and if God says turn! Then turning.
Yes God is and so are we. We are created in His image and we have to find out His to understand ours.
So, what I want so say is something like this: I agree we are not to try to find out our future (in a way that you know what excactly happens) but I think we are to ask God for what has he equipped us to do here and how can we be part of having his will be done on earth. And do it with all our heart. Maybe I have a desire in my life to become a Christian psychologist, ok, what does that mean. It means many years of education, giving up on some thing, it means a price and if I have not calulated the price, I might not be willing to pay it when the time comes.
Sorry, this got too long, I've had too much coffee for sure.
What do you think, does it make sense?
Oh, sorry the first sentence I forgot to finish. I wanted to say that yes, we can be sure that God is always the same.
Post a Comment