Thursday, March 27, 2008

Want to go back...

Around Easter it was 1 year since I were in Ethiopia!! One year! Somehow to think that it´s now a year ago seems a bit surreal! - I loved being there!!:D And I wish to be able to sometime, somehow go back again! Maybe not back to the "injerra", but definetly back to the people, the culture, the friendliness and openness!! Back to the "dabo" and the "oa" and the "denane", "denanesh", "dena". And maybe also back to see "Mr. Wonderful!" ;)

It´s actually now a year ago since:
* I got SICK sun-burned after "forgetting" my sun-lotion on our day-off
* I tasted "injerra" for the first time
* I was called "frenge" dayly
* Seeing blue and white Toyota-busses with almost more people outside than inside was considered completely normal
* "YWAM" got a whole new meaning
* I saw someone faint for the first time (twice)
* I travelled with BA for the first time
* I had wear pants (trousers, jeans) under skirts - and I loved it!:)

4 comments:

helina said...

Time flies crazy fast indeed. I have had some similar thoughts and flashbacks from my outreach lately. It's funny how even things here have awakened some memories and feelings from there.

By the way, India team has changed their blog address again. It's the one they had before: fromskientoindia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gleder meg til å snakke med deg på torsdag :)

helina said...

Hei!
I'm coming to Göteborg :)
So, I'll see you very soon :)
Need anything from Norway? Brown cheese?

helina said...

With Reboot I forgot to ad.